Automotive Workplace Guide to EPA & OSHA 26 - 20th Edition
Format: Looseleaf in Binder
The Automotive Workplace Guide to EPA & OSHA can help you to control health, safety and environmental problems in a shop environment. It can also give you the peace of mind that comes when you take a pro-active stance in keeping your business in compliance with OSHA and the EPA.
This guide addresses the hazardous waste and safety concerns of car dealerships with repair facilities, car rental agencies, paint and body shops, gasoline service stations, lube/oil change shops and other automotive workplaces. It also features expanded OSHA requirements on a variety of vital topics, from fire extinguishers to lock-out/tag-out to asbestos in brake and clutch work.
Important updates and improvements have been made throughout this 20th Edition of the Automotive Workplace Guide to EPA and OSHA. Highlights include:
· In-depth discussion of the recent sweeping changes made to OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard.
· New information on recent changes to the regulations concerning training certification for PPE, lead, diving operations, exits, head protection, asbestos, and more.
· Updated sample safety plans for General Safety and Health, Hazard Assessment and PPE, Hazard Communication, and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure.
· New information on operating permits under Title V of the Clean Air Act.
· Money-saving information on minimizing waste.
· Coverage of changes to the Toxic Substances Control Act, proposed changes to the universal waste regulations, and changes to EPA’s lists of regulated chemicals.
· OSHA Digest entries on combustible dusts and Safety Data Sheets, plus new OSHA checklists on confined space entry, elevated surfaces, and ergonomics.
· New or expanded checklists on hazardous waste transportation and disposal, abrasive grinding, asbestos and brake and clutch work, lead, silica, and more.
· Updated sample forms, as well as updated contact information for EPA and state hazardous waste agencies, OSHA and state/federal health and safety agencies, and consultation programs.
· Updated Top 20 OSHA Violations List for automotive SICs.
This easy-to-use guide will not gather dust on the shelf. The reader-friendly writing style eliminates legal jargon, so you will reach for it again and again.
The Automotive Workplace Guide to EPA & OSHA features customization versions of the sample safety plans. It also includes in-depth discussion of OSHA’s Hazard Communication (Employee-Right-to-Know) Standard, which is one of the most commonly cited OSHA standards.
Please note: The price of $339.95 covers the current edition in its binder and one annual update, providing you with two years of vital compliance information. You can rest easy, knowing that when it is time for the next edition, you will automatically receive updated contents to insert in the distinctive Blue Gavel Press binder.